“Same-sex marriage is not gay privilege, it’s equal rights. Privilege would be something like gay people not paying taxes. Like churches don’t.”
“Politicians are like suede jackets. There are cheap ones and expensive ones, but once they get rain on them, they all look like shit.”
“The worst form of corruption is the acceptance of corruption.”
“I Shot The Sherriff” by Eric Clapton was my first rock & roll record. The first record I ever owned. I was 5 or 6 years old. It happened when Mom let me pick out a record at the store. I don’t even think it was a record store. I was 5 or 6 years old. At the time I had no idea who Eric Clapton was and I certainly did not know who Bob Marley was either. This song was one that I was familiar with from the radio in Mom’s car. Clapton’s version of the Bob Marley song was a #1 hit in 1974 and still all over the radio a year or two later when I chose it to be my first rock & roll record.
This record ended up being quite a prolific choice. It is a rock legend covering the king of reggae. It’s a number one hit. Over time, this record turned out to be merely the first purchase of thousands made over the last 40 years. Even after all this time, I can say with confidence that my first was certainly not my worst.
What was your first rock & roll record?
One of the men arrested in this case was named Universal Knowledge Allah. Who knew the home of Universal Knowledge was Milwaukee, Wisconsin?!? This world is strange, tragic and amazing.
The linked article is about how, just recently, a 299 year old violin was stolen from the owner as he carried it in it’s case. A tazer was used to commit the crime and the microprinted pieces of discharge helped like the weapon to the criminal. Nice. Let’s see if anyone adapts that technology to other weapons like guns. Doubt it. Because in that instance, the will does not equal the way.
“Forgiveness is a strange thing. It can sometimes be easier to forgive our enemies than our friends. It can be hardest of all to forgive people we love. Like all of life’s important coping skills, the ability to forgive and the capacity to let go of resentments most likely take root very early in our lives.”
“All beings want to live undisturbed in peace and happiness. Therefore, the concept of human rights is universal. It should apply to everyone who experiences pain or pleasure. This is why developing sincere concern for others gives us peace of mind; it brings with it trust and a sense of peace. Cultivating warm-heartedness contributes to our own well-being.”
As noted before. almost all of the tallest skyscrapers being built today are in Eastern Asia and the Middle East. In 2020, the 11 tallest buildings in the world will be:
1. Kingdom Tower – Riyadh, Saudi Arabia: 1,007 m (3,304 ft.)^
2. Sky City – Changsha, China: 838 m (2,749 ft.)#
3. Burj Khalifa – Dubai, United Arab Emirates: 838 m (2,716 ft.)
4. Pignan International Finance Centre – Shenzen, China: 660 m (2,165 ft.)^
5. Shanghai Tower – Shanghai, China: 632 m (2,073 ft.)^
6. Makkah Royal Clock Tower Hotel – Mecca, Saudi Arabia: 601 m (1,971 ft.)
7. Goldin Finance 117 – Tianjin, China: 597 m (1,958 ft.)^
8. Lotte World Tower – Seoul, Korea: 555.7 m (1,823 ft.)^
9. One World Trade Center (Freedom Tower) – New York, United States: 541.3 m (1,776 ft.)
10. CTF Tianjin Tower – Tianjin, China: 530.4 m (1,740 ft.)^
11. Chow Tai Fook Centre – Guangzhou, China: 530.4 m (1,738 ft.)^
^ under construction
# on hold